07 Aug How to use TripAdvisor for Business
TripAdvisor is a major marketing opportunity for all restaurant and hospitality businesses: it’s the world’s largest travel review site with more than 385 million reviews about more than 6.6 billion companies in 135,000 destinations.
What are the benefits of managing my TripAdvisor listing?
- Word-of-mouth marketing: the most trusted and powerful form of advertising — not to mention the least expensive (it’s FREE)
- Strong customer relationships: respond to both positive and negative reviews to create a personable brand identity and earn customers’ loyalty
- High search engine ranking: inbound links and fresh organic content move your TripAdvisor page way up in search results so you’re easily found by prospects
- Transparency: Customers value the unbiased, detailed information found in reviews above all when making purchasing decisions
- Operational improvement: Reviews let you know what’s working and what’s not. Negative reviews should be viewed as constructive criticism; use them to take meaningful corrective action and make your business the best it can be.
Set your business up for success on TripAdvisor
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to claim, manage and promote your business listing on TripAdvisor.
Create an administrator account on TripAdvisor
Before claiming your business, you need to create a personal account on TripAdvisor if you don’t already have one. It’s easy: just click the “Join” link in the upper right corner of the homepage and follow the instructions provided.
Find your business name
Important: just because you haven’t set up a profile for your business doesn’t mean someone else hasn’t done so for you — customers can create pages for businesses, too. Search for your business to see if anything already exists under its name.
If it doesn’t, you can create a page by going to the TripAdvisor for Business page. Select your business type, then type in your business name and choose your business from the results that appear.
Claim your business listing and update it.
Click “Claim your listing” to take ownership of an existing page. Alternatively, click “Register my business” if you are adding a new listing, then once your official business page appears, click “Register now”.
Manage and respond to customer reviews.
Once you’ve claimed or registered your business, you’re ready to do the most important part: manage it. The Management Center provides several actions to choose from, including monitoring reviews, receiving new review alerts, and responding to reviews.
Managing reviews on TripAdvisor is a crucial part of a comprehensive reputation management strategy. Make sure you also manage customer feedback on other major review sites like Google and Facebook, along with social media comments.
Sound overwhelming? It doesn’t have to be. BirdEye lets you manage reviews from 200+ sites and engage with social comments in real-time — all from one place. Cool, right? Learn more about how BirdEye can help you get more reviews on TripAdvisor and manage them to get more customers.