tcl282 on Zillow
6 years ago
01/14/2014, 02:35 AM
In general, I like the concept what Buyers Brokers Only is based on, really only represent buyers. It eliminates the potential backroom dealings at a larger company that is potentially representing both the buyer and the seller in a real estate transaction, a slight conflict on interest. It is not to say it happens often, but representing only one side as a company policy eliminates that possibility completely.
I was recommended Buyers Brokers Only and Andrew McKinney by a couple of friends of mine. They recently also bought their first place, working with Andrew and he came highly recommended. As a first time buyer, I needed someone whom I can trust and be patient with my endless amount of questions. Here's a short list of things I liked/appreciated about Andrew (I can go on forever):
1. Friendliness: During our first meeting, he immediately put me at ease for being a first time buyer. He often works with first time buyers although he also has clients who are repeating the process.
2. Timeliness: One of the things that I am most impressed with Andrew is how quick he was in returning emails and phone calls. I would email him late in the night around 11/11:30pm and I often get an answer within 30 min. If I don't, I would have the answer in my Inbox early in the morning. I often wonder if he actually sleeps.
3. Impartial: I contacted a couple of the lenders Andrew recommended and I was torn between the different interest rates they were offering. I shared that concern with Andrew and he immediately gave me a third one to contact. He was not attached to one lender over another. He seems to have a long list of lenders, real estate lawyers, etc. all of which he is in very good standing with. It takes a lot of work to maintain a large network full of good relationships.
4. Responsible: During my time working with Andrew, he was on vacation for a week. He said he would respond to emails and phone calls. I tried not to contact him as he is allowed to have a vacation of his own, but due to poor time, I was emailing him daily and he was completely willing to work with me on my issues.
5. Patience: He seems to have endless amount of patience. Due to work reasons, I had a hard time finalising a closing date. Andrew was extremely patience and understanding in my dilemma. He worked diligently with the seller's broker in negotiating a mutual date. I felt bad, but I was impressed.
6. No judgement: Andrew always provided unbiased and sound advice. We would go see places and he would always allow me to express what I liked and disliked first and then he would give his opinion. I never once felt he was trying to push me in one direction or another. His advice was honest and to the point.
Overall, I would recommend Buyers Brokers Only and Andrew in a split second. I could not have asked for a better home buying experience, especially for a nervous first time buyer.