Diane G. on BBB
6 years ago
12/28/2015, 10:33 AM
We have used Nadine's for 3 remodeling projects in the past 18 months. We have spent about $25,000 at Nadine's and can recommend them to others and will continue to use Nadine's in the future for any and all my fix-it or remodeling projects (Fireplace remodel, next on my list)
1) Price: Visit them first for any insurance claim, remodel project or repair. We saved about $3K by having them repair damage from a flood.
2) They can fix and
remodel anything I've asked so far: Drywall repair, New Baseboards; Popcorn scraped off ceiling and painted; Paint walls; Move bathroom cabinets; Plumbing work for new shower fixtures; Quartz countertops; Stacked stone backsplash, Tile floor installation; Hardwood installation; Carpet Installation I am planning on using them for a sleek fireplace remodel and a closet remodel.
3) They have a HUGE selection to pick from on every price point and can special order anything you find elsewhere.
4) Easy to order from. My sales person was available for appointments and writing up orders was easy and quick.
5) Worked with our insurance company and saved us a lot of money.
6) Nice: I've been in and out of Nadine's probably 50 times in 2015 and every single employee and manager that I met and talked to was nice and friendly to me.
7) When a problem arose (with any huge project there will be problems) they made it right for us
You need to "own" your own project
1) Nadine's does not actively manage the installers. - You must manage the installers! Otherwise they will come in, most installers won't ask you what you want and it may or may not be what you wanted. Be home, be involved, let the installers know that you are in charge, get their name and number so you can call them and know when they are coming back (for multi day projects) Stop them if they are doing something you don't want and call Nadine's to sort it out.
2) Make sure that the order form says every single thing that you want the installers to do, Otherwise the installers may or may not do what you've agreed with Nadine's (Nadine's will sort it out eventually but it's more complicated)
3) We tip the really good installers - (not just at Nadine's but for any company, it helps them and us)
4) Do your own research on design and decorating ideas and the individual products for sale. Nadine's offers so many products they can't know in detail the qualities of each product.
We'll continue to use them!