TJC on BirdEye
4 years ago
10/27/2015, 13:37 PM
Hi, I want to build on my last review since my daughter completed the training in July. I was anxiously awaiting her to get back in school and see what improvements came to fruition.
As a reminder, my daughter completed the program when she just turned 8. I wasn't sure if she was too young to get the optimal results. But I hoped that at a young age, her brain was more moldable and it'd give her a great baseline to build off of.
We continue to be thrilled with the results... In my first review, I shared some of the personality changes that we saw. Here's a few things that we've seen academically:
- Transition in to school year was far easier than previous years
- Although her reading cadence is still a little slow, she's caught up in her 'level' and is at grade level (versus slightly behind)
- Memorizing spelling is SO much easier. We used to drill them in to her all week long. Now she seems to pick them up much quicker and is even able to get most of the ‘challenge’ words right. Last year she seldom got those right and didn’t have the confidence to even want to work on those.
- Willingness to do homework is DRAMATICALLY better. She used to fight it, say she hated homework, crumple up her paper and throw it at us, tell us she’s stupid, etc… Heartbreaking. What should take 10 min would take an hour of fighting, consuming our weeknights. Now, she knows what needs to be done, focuses and cranks through it.
- I overheard her telling a friend (who said that 2nd grade is ‘so hard’), that she thought it was easy.
- Significant confidence boost
- On her MAP (state) testing in September, she tested at 94th percentile for math and 70th percentile for reading.
Highly recommend and I'm considering putting my younger child through it. Not because she's struggling, but because I feel that it's a foundation that would maximize her potential in life.