luckey on Amazon
7 months ago
08/25/2022, 17:22 PM
serious bug in the latest firmware
Update on Sept 3, 2022.
Received a replacement unit from vendor which seems to fix the issue. However, there are quite a few physical differences, notably the keyboard. the replacement unit has a less functional keyboard because not only the special keys are using icons, instead of named ones like shown here, but also a few common useful symbols, #'()", were replaced with euro and pound dollar signs, also caps lock key with Æ(would be useful for Elon Musk to label his son. Lol...). Will see if I could get one with the correct keyboard. On vendor's web site, Both keyboards were shown in the pictures which is confusing
I have used many PT labeler over the years without any issue which was the reason I came back to this model.
The good. color screen, clear print, many settings and software. can be used with or without PC. comes with power adapter and also can use batteries.
The bad. bulky. the machine is pretty big.
The ugly. the latest firmware 1.04 has serious bug which should be caught with proper QA. Once using "fn" to change settings(cut option and tab length to save tape), it prints extra labels with the previous erased label data, EVEN with factory reset. Waiting for vendor support on this as they are escalating. Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. factory reset (to make sure a clean machine)
2. go into "create label", and then use "fn" key to change settings(don't matter if typed text or not on label"
3. type anything on the label if haven't and print. this first label will come out as normal
4. clear the label either using clear button, or backspace key, type something else on the label, then print
5. it will print an extra label with the already erased/cleared text first, then hit the print again will give you the 2nd label with the correct text.
Vendor confirmed issue and will send me a replacement. Will update on how it goes.