Anonymous on TrustRadius
a month ago
02/20/2023, 00:51 AM
A Good System, but needs improvements
Use Cases and Deployment Scope
- We use 8x8 as our primary phone system. Our admins use the 8x8 Work version w/Front Desk and everyone else uses 8x8 w/Teams integration.
-We didn't have any specific problems to be addressed, but we needed an updated phone system and software. The scope of use is total.
- Ability to use the filters to make name searching easier
-Administrative access is easy to use in setting up audio files and phone schedules
- Caller ID is good when calls come in, but caller ID doesn't show up in call history. We don't know which number belongs to anyone. The caller ID I see when calls come in is gone in the history
-Too many clicks when using Front Desk from caller to recipient
-The shortcut keys are too elaborate! I changed the shortcut keys for answering and hanging up calls, but there is no ability to simple place a call on hold only using a shortcut - and I can't change any of the shortcut keys except for the first 3 and only 2 of them are ones I use most.
-The 8x8 app crashes in mid-call sometimes and has to be restarted.
-Having to "park" a call to pick up another call coming in is a hassle. Too many clicks! Again the shortcut keys are too elaborate to use efficiently.
-The screen color is too stark and hard on the eyes. The ability to change the background color would be amazing.
-Conference calling is unavailable because the 8x8 app doesn't interface with users with Teams Integration and not everyone uses a handset phone.
-Why doesn't 8x8 work with the physical phone? Sometimes I don't want my earpiece in and I can't use the 8x8 app and the phone together. Also, when a call is transfered on the poly phone, there is no caller ID attached if a caller leaves a voicemail.
Likelihood to Recommend
- Honestly, it's a phone software that can be cumbersome in operation due to the number of clicks necessary to get a call through. On a typical tax season day, I am routing up to 20 calls per hour as well as making calls. I want the ability to efficiently move a call through while providing the same excellent customer experience to all our clients in their years with us. When a call gets dropped because the headset isn't interfacing properly (yes, we have the recommended headsets) sporadically, that means a caller has to call us back or I have to try and find out who they were to call them back. In general, the 8x8 app is working and is a good product. I'd like to see it do better.
8x8 X Series Feature Ratings
Return on Investment
- Overall, 8x8 is positive for us; calls come in and we can answer them :-)
-Nothing negative yet - we have understanding clients when we tell them we're still working the bugs out of the new phone system.
- MiCloud Connect
- We used the ShoreTel phone system software and phones. They worked very well together - calls could be made with either the software or the phone and they interfaced well. Phone calls answered on the handset could be manipulated with the software. However, there were no shortcut keys and the software was outdated. Setting up audio files for voicemail greetings was cumbersome as was setting up schedules. We selected 8x8 because of better security, software that would be updated regularly and hopefully improved upon, for the enhanced customer service and for the price. We also chose it for the features that allow us to work remotely whenever necessary. The Teams integration is especially valued by our firm and that also keeps cost down. All in all, we do appreciate the 8x8 system, but there are improvements to be made - as with everything.
Other Software Used
- Microsoft Teams
- Lack of editable shortcut keys. Only 3 shortcuts can be changed - please add a "hold" only shortcut at least. Also, the interface between the physical handset and the software is non-existent.