15 years ago brands controlled customer experiences. But in 2021, it’s customer experiences that control brands. Customers now choose businesses based on shared experiences, not ads. So marketers now have to create and promote great experiences, and they need a platform that can do this at scale.
Birdeye is an all-in-one Experience Marketing platform for multi-location businesses. More than 60,000 businesses of all sizes use Birdeye every day to be found online and chosen through listings, reviews and referrals; be connected with leads and customers on the channels of their choice, and deliver the best customer experience with survey, ticketing and insights tools.
Founded in 2012, Birdeye is headquartered in Palo Alto, and led by alumni from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Yahoo. Birdeye is backed by Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The company has been the highest-rated Experience Marketing platform over the last 5 years on G2.
To learn more, please visit: https://birdeye.com
- Demonstrated experience leading a Business Intelligence or Data Science team at a management consulting firm, SaaS organization, and/or related industry.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and coursework or job experience related to Data Science.
- Expert level SQL skills and BigData infrastructure implementations.
- Expert level data warehousing and data modeling skills (RDBMS, OLTP, DW, OLAP, etc.).
- Expert level knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts & performance tuning methods (ETL vs ELT, Dimensional Modeling, Schema types, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience architecting end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions.
- Experience with enterprise software applications (SFDC, Netsuite, Workday, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools (Domo, Tableau, Power BI etc).
- Strong knowledge of business-facing analytics and automation tools (SharePoint, Excel, Power Automate, etc.).
- Experience in delivering projects using an agile methodology, i.e., SCRUM.
- High attention to detail, and thoroughness.
- Ability to work with a virtual internal team to lead discovery and to deliver findings and recommendations at an Executive level.
- Ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal.
- Self-motivated and not afraid to tackle unknowns, demonstrating a strong bias to action.
- Define & execute against a technical roadmap aimed at the long-term scale of our Business Intelligence platform.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of Business Intelligence developers and architects in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively manage the backlog of business projects, requests, bugs, etc. while adhering to established SLAs.
- Translate business requirements into a scalable Business Intelligence platform.
- Own and optimize technical standards and documentation (development methodology, release process, style guide, ERD, etc.).
- Leverage Data Governance best practices, including owning and maintaining a centralized Data Dictionary.
- Own and deliver data awareness and training of standard company metrics to employees and executive team.
- Manage and adhere to organizational security standards when needed (GDPR, SOX, etc.).
- Partner closely with infrastructure & IT teams to ensure stability of the platform.
- Provide technical training to junior and offshore team members as needed.
- Diagnose performance issues and provide recommendations to improve platform scale.
- Manage large cross-functional projects or multiple concurrent smaller projects.
Why You’ll Join Us:
At Birdeye, we know that our success is tied to our customers’ success, so we are continually raising the bar for ourselves and others around us to deliver meaningful results.
We seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we need to drive results for our customers and to always deliver what we commit.
Our quality needs to be world-class and second to none, so we are exceptionally hands-on to get work done. We roll up our sleeves and DO.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.