In January 2023, Apple introduced Apple Business Connect to empower its users to find businesses across its ecosystem of apps, including Apple Maps, Messages, Spotlight, Safari, Wallet, Siri, and Calendar.
It is a free and user-friendly platform that serves as a bridge connecting businesses with their local audience.
Eddy Cue, Senior Vice President of Services, Apple, said, “Apple Business Connect gives every business owner the tools they need to connect with customers more directly and control how billions of people see and engage with their products and services every day.”
To make your business more accessible for Apple users, this blog guides you to learn:
- How to set up your Apple Business Connect account
- What are its benefits
- How to register your business on Apple Maps
- How to manage your business listing across the Apple ecosystem more effectively
Ready to reach a billion Apple users? Let’s get you there!
Table of contents
- What is Apple Business Connect?
- Benefits of Apple Business Connect account
- How to create an Apple Business Connect account for your small business?
- How to create your enterprise account in Apple Business Connect?
- How to create a third-party partner account in Apple Business Connect?
- How does Apple Business Connect API work?
- How to optimize your Apple Business Connect account?
- How to register a business on Apple Maps?
- How to contact Apple Maps Connect support?
- FAQs on Apple Business Connect
- Put your business on the global map with Birdeye Listing
What is Apple Business Connect?
Apple Business Connect is a powerful tool that empowers businesses of all sizes to manage their online presence across Apple’s vast ecosystem, including Maps, Search, and Siri.
Is Apple Business Connect free? Yes, Apple Business Connect is free. From registering your business to updating information and utilizing tools like Showcases and Actions, Apple provides these services at no cost.
Currently, Apple Business Connect offers three different workflows:
- Small businesses
- Enterprise brands with 25 or more locations
- Multiple businesses with multiple locations
You can also employ third-party partners to manage data on behalf of other businesses and can submit this data via API.
But irrespective of the size of your business, you can share crucial information, including location details, contact information, operating hours, photos, and more.
Want to know unique Apple business Connect features like Place Card, Showcases, Actions & Insights? Jump to ‘How to optimize your Apple Business Connect account‘ section.
If you’re new to Apple’s ecosystem, the following section will teach you how to start with Apple Business Connect and manage your listing.
Benefits of Apple Business Connect account
An Apple Business account benefits you by offering you these advantages free of cost:
- Increased visibility: Reach millions of potential customers searching for businesses like yours across Apple devices.
- Improved accuracy: Ensure your business information is accurate and up-to-date across Apple’s platforms.
- Enhanced engagement: Interact with customers directly through your Place Card, answer their questions, and promote special offers.
- Valuable insights: Get data about customer behavior and interactions that will help you optimize your online presence for better conversion rates.
- Added advantages: Enterprises with multiple locations under the same brand can benefit from the Apple Business Connect API.
The above advantages are just a few highlights. An Apple business account offers extensive benefits, significantly enhancing business operations and customer engagement. Here are a few additional benefits:
- You can easily personalize your Place Card to bring your business to life and connect with more customers.
- Features like Showcases and Actions allow you to drive customer engagement. Insights allow you to know user behaviors.
You need to have an active Apple business listing to make the best of these benefits. Before that, here’s how to set up an Apple business account.
How to create an Apple Business Connect account for your small business?
Creating an Apple Business account is a straightforward process that opens the door to many benefits.
Before setting up a business, here are a few information you’ll need about your company and each location:
- Legal name of the company and businesses
- Physical address
- Phone number
- Brand logos
- High-quality photos
- Descriptions of your business, products & services
Here’s a step-by-step process on how to set up an Apple Business Connect account:
1. Login with your Apple ID
Go to Apple’s Business Connect onboarding page.
2. Choose your type of business
- Select “small business” if you have up to 24 locations
3. Add details about your business location
- Drag the map to place the pin accurately over your building.
- Confirm location details.
4. Update your company detail
- Set primary and additional categories for your business.
- Provide a customer contact number and, if applicable, a website link.
- Select the days of the week and set open and close times.
- Add specific hours if they vary on different days.
- Include your website and DUNS number if applicable.
5. Get verified
- Choose whether to skip verification or submit documents.
- If submitting documents, upload an official one showing your location’s name and address.
6. Check for business transfer (if needed)
- If another business claims your location, request a transfer.
- Provide a brief explanation and upload official documentation.
- Await approval from Apple.
7. Post-verification steps
- Once verified, unleash the full potential of Apple Business Connect.
- Upload captivating photos, create your Place Card, and add a Showcase to highlight your business.
Please remember: Your Apple Business Connect login process will take up to 5 business days, but no public information is displayed until your business is verified.
You’re not just adding your business to Apple Business Connect; you’re shaping its identity on Apple platforms.
How to create your enterprise account in Apple Business Connect?
Before setting up an enterprise Apple Business Connect account, here are a few information you’ll need about your company and each location:
- Legal name of the company and businesses
- Phone number
- D-U-N-S Number
- Physical address
Here’s a step-by-step process on how to set up an enterprise Apple Business Connect account:
1. Visit businessconnect.apple.com and sign in using your Apple ID.
3. Choose the Enterprise option and then click “Next.”
Your Apple ID is automatically associated with the Administrator role for first-time sign-ins.
4. Provide your company details.
Agree to Apple Business Connect’s terms and conditions.
5. Follow the prompts to create your business within Apple Business Connect.
6. Choose one of the following verification methods:
- Add a TXT record to your website’s DNS zone file (to verify your domain).
- Document review: Upload relevant documents displaying your company’s name and address, such as a business license or utility bill.
7. Send the provided information to Apple for the verification process.
By following these steps, you’re not only adding your enterprise to Apple Business Connect but also setting the stage to enhance your brand’s visibility and engagement across Apple devices.
How to create a third-party partner account in Apple Business Connect?
As an enterprise company, you also have the option to involve a third-party partner in managing your business. This is done through Apple Business Connect for agencies. When you manage a business on behalf of it, you become Apple Business Connect’s third-party partner.
Simply share the link to create a third-party partner account with them. This link guides them through signing up for an Apple Business Connect account, getting verified, and starting to oversee promotions for their businesses.
For third-party partners, the following information is required:
- Legal name of the company
- Phone number and website
- Physical address
- D-U-N-S number
Here’s a step-by-step process on how to create a third-party partner account in Apple Business Connect:
- Go to businessconnect.apple.com and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Select “Third-Party Partner” and click “Next.”
- Fill in your company details.
- Verify your company through one of the following ways:
- Add a TXT record to your website’s DNS zone file
- Upload documents such as a business license or utility bill.
- Click ‘Next’ and wait for verification confirmation from Apple.
After you’re verified, the company may want you to create content for their businesses in Apple Business Connect.
- Login to Apple Business Connect with a user with the Administrator role.
- Click your company name and go to “Shared.”
- Hit “Copy” next to the Company ID to share it with others easily.
- Share the Company ID with the company that wants you to manage its content in Apple Business Connect.
Now you can start managing the business by signing in and creating content for their businesses and locations.
How does Apple Business Connect API work?
Did you know you can allow developers to connect seamlessly using an Apple-provided API in Apple Business?
Here’s a straightforward guide on requesting API access and setting up a Service account for smooth integration.
Requesting API access
First, to request access to a Service Account, ensure that you are an administrator of a third-party partner account in Apple Business Connect.
Step 1. Open Apple Business Connect and sign in using your Administrator credentials.
Step 2. Click on your initials at the bottom left of the sidebar.
Step 3. Choose “Support” and then navigate to “API Documentation.”
Step 4. Collaborate with the Apple representative to facilitate the integration process.
Setting up your Service Accounts
Now, let’s walk through the steps of setting up a Service Account for a seamless API integration:
1. Login to Apple Business Connect as an administrator.
2. Select your company and then choose “API.”
3. Click on “Add Service Account.”
4. Provide essential details
Such as the service name and email, and define the Service Account role permission (Read + Write or Read Only).
5. Select “Continue.”
The Client ID and Client Secret Key for the Service Account will be displayed.
6. Copy this information and store it securely.
Note: If you close the window without copying the Client Secret Key, you’ll need to generate a new one.
7. After copying, select “Done.”
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created an Apple Business Connect Service Account.
How to optimize your Apple Business Connect account?
Now that your business is set up on Apple Business Connect, it is time to optimize your account. Apple offers unique features, like updating Place Cards, creating Showcases, understanding Insights, and adding engaging Actions. Updating them properly will make your account look more attractive and appeal to more customers.
A. Place Cards
In Apple Business Connect, a Place Card is a digital representation of your business location that users can view across various Apple services, including Apple Maps, Siri, Apple Wallet, Messages, and Calendar.
Must read: Apple Maps reviews: Everything need to know
It serves as a comprehensive snapshot of essential information about your business, providing users with key details at a glance.
Here are the components typically found on a Place Card:
- Place Card header: This section includes an approved photo and logo for your business.
- Display Name: So that your brand is easily identifiable to users.
- Categories: The type of business is specified, helping users understand the nature of your establishment.
- About: A brief section that provides users with information about your business. It could include a short description or highlights that make your business stand out.
- Location info: It features essential details such as the address, phone number, and hours of operation for the specific location.
- Website: This allows users to access more information online.
- Photos: Additional photos approved by Apple provide users with visual insights into your business.
- Good to know: Information about specific features or amenities your business offers, such as wheelchair accessibility, parking options, payment methods, etc.
- Status: Indicates whether the location is open, permanently closed, or temporarily closed.
Showcases are a way to make your business more engaging and attractive. Access the Showcase module in Apple Business Connect.
With it, you can:
- Highlight special offers
- Spotlight exclusive promotions, events, or new items.
- Create a showcase with a photo, a short title, a description, and CTAs.
- Schedule your showcases in advance to keep content fresh.
Note that Showcases remain active for 30 days.
Place Cards also allow you to personalize Actions that take customers directly to your website, app, or credible third-party apps.
Each location can have a different Place Card, and each Place Card can have different Actions. This gives a seamless customer experience.
The Actions listed below are available in Apple Business Connect when creating and publishing a Showcase:
- Add call-to-action options like “Call Now,” “Rate Us,” “Save as contact,” “Get Directions,” or “Website” to your showcases.
- Leverage personalized actions to direct users seamlessly to your website, app, or third-party platforms.
Understanding how users interact with your business is crucial for improvement. Whether you are a single location or multi-location, Apple Business Connect offers insights to help you comprehend your audience better:
- Gain insights into how users discover your business on Apple Maps.
- Understand user actions, views, and searches related to your business.
- Leverage customer insights to refine your business strategy.
- Make data-driven decisions to enhance your digital presence.
How to register a business on Apple Maps?
Registering a business on Apple Maps is a seamless process:
1. Create an Apple ID
2. Visit Apple Business Connect
3. Choose your preferred business type
4. Add business location
How to add a location to Apple Maps? 1. Use the Apple map interface to pinpoint the exact location of your business. You can drag the location pin to ensure accuracy. 2. Choose the appropriate category or categories that best describe your business. 3. Review the information you've provided to ensure accuracy. 4. Wait for Apple’s approval. Once approved, your Apple Maps business listing will be visible on Apple Maps. This will put your business on the map across Apple's ecosystem. Note: You can also change your business address on Apple Maps with this method.
5. Confirm details and verify
Once verified, your business can personalize its presence on Apple Maps, enhancing visibility and engagement.
How to contact Apple Maps Connect support?
For assistance with Apple Maps Connect or any inquiries, you can reach out to Apple Maps Connect Support through the following steps:
- Go to the Apple Maps Connect Support page.
- Select the appropriate contact option based on your inquiry.
FAQs on Apple Business Connect
Apple Business Connect is free for businesses to use. No additional cost is associated with creating and managing your business profile on Apple Maps.
Register on Apple Business Connect, add your business details, and verify your location through phone calls or documents to get listed on Apple Maps.
Visit Apple Business Connect, sign in with Apple ID, add your business details, verify your location, and agree to terms. Your Apple business account is now set up.
Your Apple business ID is your Apple ID used for business. Create one on the Apple Business Connect page to manage your business information.
Register on Apple Business Connect, add accurate location details, verify your business, and customize your Place Card. Your business will then be on the map for users.
Sign in, select your business, and update your information. Use features like Showcases for promotions and Actions for customer engagement. Keep details accurate for users.
Put your business on the global map with Birdeye Listing
Apple Business Connect emerges as an invaluable tool for small business owners, offering simplicity and increased opportunities for growth. It has paved the way for success, from organizing reviews to creating digital showcases.
The best part? All these benefits come at no cost.
Want to reach customers beyond Apple’s ecosystem? Add Birdeye’s AI-powered Listing management to your CRM platform and show up wherever your customers search.
Create, update, and manage business listings for all locations, improve SEO and rank higher.
Don’t wait; start taking advantage of these great tools today.