Reviews are the modern-day word of mouth. They build trust and help businesses understand what they’re doing right and where there’s room for improvement.
Reviews can also be repurposed for various channels and become one of your best marketing tools.
But constantly compiling positive excerpts and turning them into tailored social media posts is hugely labor intensive. If you can’t find the time to do this consistently, you’ll miss opportunities to tout authentic third-party validation.
That’s why automated review sharing is a total game changer.
In this post, we’ll cover how automating your review sharing can help you generate buzz for your brand across social networks. You’ll learn:
- What automated review sharing is
- The benefits of sharing reviews on social media
- Tips for optimizing your automated review sharing strategy
Table of contents
The importance of online reviews
First, let’s talk about the importance of online reviews. We’ll break it down by the numbers. According to our data:
- Businesses received an average of 66 new Google reviews per location in 2023.
- 92% of consumers read two or more reviews before forming an opinion about a business.
- 50% of consumers read five or more reviews before forming an opinion about a business.
- 53% of consumers will not consider using a business with less than four stars.
With stats like these, it’s clear that showcasing your latest and greatest customer feedback should be a pillar of your social media strategy.
What is automated review sharing?
Automated review sharing streamlines the process of promoting customer feedback on social media. Rather than manually compiling positive review excerpts, you can have tools like Birdeye automatically identify top reviews based on factors like star rating, location, review platform, etc. Instead of creating designs for each review, you can ensure these auto-generated posts are on-brand with eye-catching pre-built templates.
Why automate social sharing of reviews?
Turning your customers’ kudos into buzz-worthy social content seems like a no-brainer. Why take things a step further by automating the process? Below are five key benefits of automated review sharing.
1. Save time
Manually identifying, reformatting, and sharing positive review excerpts is hugely time-consuming. Automation allows you to set rules and let the technology do the heavy lifting. This hands-off approach saves you dozens of hours that can be reallocated to other important tasks.
2. Maintain brand consistency
When sharing reviews manually, it’s almost inevitable that font styles, colors, logos, and messaging will end up inconsistent across networks — especially if you’re running social media accounts for multiple business locations. This dilutes brand recognition and risks confusing followers. With automated templated review posts, you maintain complete stylistic consistency without thinking about it.
3. Surface your best content
Automated rules ensure you share only your most recent, relevant, and best-rated customer feedback. Rather than manually picking reviews, automation surfaces your all-star testimonials, and this curation of your most powerful social proof provides maximum impact.
4. Drive social engagement
Putting user-generated reviews front and center consistently gives new reasons for existing followers to engage. It also provides credibility that attracts new followers. And as you build your audience, you’ll start to see a snowball effect — more word of mouth drives more word of mouth.
5. Save money
Automation is highly cost-effective compared to having a team member manually create social posts featuring customer reviews on an ongoing basis. It provides a more significant ROI for your social marketing efforts.
The benefits of sharing reviews on social media
Now, let’s explore the benefits of posting customer reviews on social media. Sharing positive reviews on your social profiles:
- Boosts brand awareness: Putting reviews directly in front of your social audiences and followers makes them hard to miss. This increases general awareness about people’s positive experiences with your brand.
- Improves brand reputation: Social platforms provide the ideal channels for amplifying your reputation based on customer experiences. Positive validation shapes overall brand perception and credibility.
- Acts as social proof: User-generated content resonates more than promotional material alone ever could. Positive reviews act as influential social proof that drives purchasing decisions.
- Benefits local SEO: Local hashtags and handles make it easier to be found by those searching for brands in your niche or local area on social media.
How does automated review sharing work?
The process behind automated review sharing with Birdeye is simple yet powerful. Here’s what it looks like:
1. Review site integration
The first step is integrating your Google, Facebook, and other review accounts with Birdeye. This allows you to access all your reviews from across the web in one unified dashboard. No more toggling between siloed tools — your top-rated customer feedback is automatically queued up and ready to share.
2. Social media integration
Next, connect Birdeye to your business’s social media profiles, such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, or others. This integration ensures that the selected customer reviews can be automatically shared on these platforms according to your configured rules.
2. Configure auto-share rules
Next, you’ll set up rules for auto-sharing reviews. Birdeye allows you to do this based on several criteria, including minimum star rating, frequency of sharing (e.g., daily, weekly), specific days for sharing, and selecting particular sources of reviews.
3. Select and customize templates
Once the auto-share rules are set, you’ll select and customize templates for how the reviews will be displayed when shared. This includes choosing the layout, colors, and whether to include images with the reviews.
Finally, you’ll save your settings and let Birdeye do the work for you. It sounds like magic, and once you see it in action, it’ll feel like magic, too.
Tips to optimize your automated review sharing strategy
Now that you understand the process of scheduling and publishing social review roundups, here are some pro tips to maximize results:
- Prioritize review collection: You can’t show off 5-star reviews if you don’t have any. Asking customers to leave reviews should be baked into your daily to-do list. That way, you’ll have a constant stream of great reviews ready to be repurposed into social media content.
- Vary content sources: While showcasing your latest and greatest Google reviews provides amazing social proof, don’t stop there. Expand your scope by pulling in reviews from Facebook, Capterra, and any industry-specific sites like Zocdoc for healthcare or WeddingWire for event services.
- Don’t get siloed: Posting reviews on social media is great, but make sure that’s one of many types of content you post. Be sure to post product imagery, blogs, videos, and other forms of content to keep your followers engaged.
- Stay on brand: Review posts must align with your brand identity — consistency will strengthen brand recognition and credibility. Ensure fonts, colors, logos, graphics, and messaging align with your broader assets and content aesthetic.
- Find your rhythm: Determining the ideal frequency for sharing reviews requires testing and optimization. Start by sharing 1-2 times per week as a benchmark. Monitor performance indicators like clicks, reactions, and overall engagement rate to determine optimal timing and frequency for your audience.
- Monitor performance: Birdeye makes monitoring how your shared reviews perform on social media easy. As new insights roll in, you can learn and adjust your overall social strategy as necessary.
Review sharing FAQs
To share a customer review, select the most impactful testimonials, seek permission from the reviewer, and post it on your preferred platforms like your website, social media, or email newsletters.
Automate customer reviews by using tools that send automated post-purchase emails or SMS asking for feedback, and integrate these with your CRM system for seamless operation.
Yes, you can share customer reviews on social media. Choose relatable reviews, create visually appealing posts, and use relevant hashtags to increase engagement.
Yes, customer reviews are a form of social proof as they build trust, influence buying decisions, and provide real-life testimonials of your product or service.
There’s no set limit to the number of reviews you can share on social media, but balancing quantity with quality is crucial. Over posting can lead to audience fatigue, so share selectively, focusing on the most impactful and relevant reviews. The frequency and number of reviews shared should align with your overall social media strategy and audience engagement patterns.
Turn your reviews into social buzz with Birdeye
To recap, reviews can be one of your best marketing tools, and failing to post customer reviews on Instagram, Facebook, and other channels due to lack of time does your brand a huge disservice. Automated review sharing solves this problem by seamlessly turning your latest rave reviews into polished social content optimized for multiple platforms.
Thanks to automated review-sharing tools like Birdeye, posting social media reviews on Instagram, Facebook, and other popular social media platforms has never been easier.
Ready to turn your glowing reviews into social buzz? Request a demo today to learn more.