Manager Revenue Accounting and Operations at Birdeye - Apply now!Revenue OperationsFull-timeREMOTE
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 90,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You’ll Do
Birdeye is looking for a Manager, Revenue Accounting and Operations to enhance our Finance team and participate in the process to bring Birdeye to a public company. This role reports to the Director, Revenue Accounting and Operations and will be a critical role in Birdeye global accounting organization. This manager is responsible for executing the revenue accounting policies, managing the revenue cycle and order-to-cash business process, timely and accurate revenue reporting and reconciliations (GAAP and operational) and is responsible for revenue related system implementation and enhancements.
- Perform an accurate and timely month-end close process by driving solutions at scale that benefit cross-functional teams and our reporting goals. Be responsible for key internal and external revenue reporting metrics (ARR, churn rate, etc.).
- Assist in defining revenue accounting policies for all product offerings. Assess accounting implications of new products, including preparing technical analyses and advising on operationalizing the technical accounting conclusions.
- Own the monthly sales tax filing process. Collaborate with billing team and other departments on the implementation of new billing software.
- Perform thorough reviews for all revenue related transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with US GAAP (ASC 606), appropriate documentation for external reporting and audit requirements.
- Collaborate with our cross functional partners, such as Sales, Customer Support, Legal, FP&A, and RevOps, to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions, including contract reviews, non-standard sales deals, commission plan modification, and changes in product and pricing strategies. Communicate the accounting implication to stakeholders at all levels.
- Develop and streamline processes and SOX compliant controls around revenue and related financial reporting metrics. Create efficiencies and simplification by leveraging technology solutions and automation.
- Support the company’s M&A activities, in particular the integration of revenue accounting of the target company.
- Work with cross functional partners to provide accounting guidance to support company’s initiative of developing international customers.
- Own the process to provide revenue related reporting and disclosures required in the company’s S-1 filing.
- 7+ years of relevant revenue accounting and revenue operations experience including 2+ years of public accounting experience (Big Four preferred), with revenue recognition experience on growing SAAS companies. U.S. CPA is a plus.
- Netsuite accounting system and solid billing system experience (Netsuite, Salesforce, or Zuora, etc.) are preferred.
- Strong ability to work cross functionally and proactively identify accounting issues, research applicable guidance and document accounting conclusions.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work independently, prioritize competing workloads, and manage the deliverables from business partners and team members in a face pace environment.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to independently analyze transactions and contracts and document the related accounting analysis under US GAAP.
- Passionate about leveraging technology to improve processes, systems, and team efficiency.
- Lead a team with great leadership skills. Passionate about coaching and mentoring to junior team members.
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.