Sr. Director of Sales - UK at Birdeye in London - Apply now!SalesFull-time
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You’ll Do
Birdeye, a next-generation customer experience platform that reimagines how customer feedback is used to acquire and retain connected customers, is looking for a high-octane, seasoned leader with a competitive drive to build, manage and operate a
best in class go to market sales team. As a Sr. Director of Sales, you will lead our upmarket segment and drive the organization's outbound sales efforts. You will play an integral role in founding the team's growth and development with the goal of growing business, starting in the UK, and expanding to the European markets.
- Drive bookings on a monthly basis with consistency and high forecasting accuracy
- Ongoing hiring, mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new members, coaching reps on strategy and technique for cold calling clients and following up on sales leads, and having consistent 1/1’s with team members
- Work closely with Sales Managers on outbound efforts and pipeline management
- Work with Business Partners and Corporate Sales on territory development
- Lead the team through annual planning, modeling headcount, setting targets and monitoring performance
- Refine and evolve a scalable, measurable and predictable process for running and growing the team
- Provide weekly reporting on volume statistics, lead pipeline, conversion to
- qualified prospects, sales opportunities generated and campaign effectiveness to our Executive Leadership team
- Generate the process for Account Executives to prospect into customers through cold calling, custom and personalized outreach, creative outbounding and lead qualification
- Qualify leads generated from Marketing programs and promotions
- Work with Marketing to optimize the routing Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL)
- Follow up on MQLs with the sales team to ensure they are processed timely and leads to pipeline creation
- Ability to work in our London office (4 to 5 days a week)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of multi-level management experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of sales management experience
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experience; MarTech highly preferred
- Experience directly managing a sales team with outbound cold calling processes
- Proven track record of leading a successful quota-carrying team
- Possess a high energy, strong desire to achieve top results with a positive “can-do" attitude over the phone and in-person
- Creative problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills with high-level decision makers
- Ability to navigate SFDC reporting, dashboards, and sales acceleration tools (SalesLoft, Navigator, Alyce, Chorus, etc)
- Resourceful & ability to adapt quickly to changing environment
- Experienced in hiring and working in a rapidly growing environment
- Experience working with C-Level Executives
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.