FP&A Director at Birdeye - Apply now!Finance & AccountingFull-timeREMOTE
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 90,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You'll Do
Birdeye is looking for a driven finance professional to play a key role in reporting and planning activities in addition to providing key analytics in support of the sales organization. The role will be responsible for collecting, validating, analyzing, and communicating financial and operational data to drive key business decisions and efficiency in growing the sales team. The successful candidate shall be working closely with our international FP&A team hence, he or she will be asked to work during US working hours.
- Manage the annual financial and operational budget and the quarterly and monthly financial forecasts for the sales organization
- Support the Sales function with financials and key business metrics, including sales efficiency, sales productivity, pricing and discounting, sales pipeline, headcount ratios etc
- Build detailed, scenario based, financial models to track and analyze investment priorities and evaluate potential alternatives and their impact on the company's overall performance; communicate key messages to senior management
- Become the trusted partner to the leaders of the Sales team, working with them on deal structure, pricing, and contracting
- Work with sales leaders to review and establish commissions plans and quarterly sales spiffs, helping teams understand the financial implications of these plans; review monthly commissions calculations
- Leverage various types of data (financial, operational, customer, etc.) to prepare ad-hoc analyses and to deliver accurate, timely, and unbiased view of performance
- Develop repeatable business, operational and financial processes, partnering closely with the business systems team, to identify key areas of improvement for maximum efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Strategy, Business or related field; MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in HiTech industry, preferably in SaaS/Technology field
- Ability to work U.S. hours
- Proven success in understanding businesses and model-building; cross-functional collaboration to implement new processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in fast paced startup work environment; Flexible and adaptable to change of priorities
- Positive, can do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills; Proficiency in Salesforce, NetSuite, Adaptive Planning and other relevant financial systems/software
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done.Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.
Annual Performance Bonus
Day 1 HMO coverage for you and up to 4 Dependents
Remote Work opportunity