15 years ago brands controlled customer experiences. But in 2021, it’s customer experiences that control brands. Customers now choose businesses based on shared experiences, not ads. So marketers now have to create and promote great experiences, and they need a platform that can do this at scale.
Birdeye is an all-in-one Experience Marketing platform for multi-location businesses. More than 60,000 businesses of all sizes use Birdeye every day to be found online and chosen through listings, reviews and referrals; be connected with leads and customers on the channels of their choice, and deliver the best customer experience with survey, ticketing and insights tools.
Founded in 2012, Birdeye is headquartered in Palo Alto, and led by alumni from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Yahoo. Birdeye is backed by Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The company has been the highest-rated Experience Marketing platform over the last 5 years on G2.
To learn more, please visit: https://birdeye.com
The Payroll Manager is responsible for all US payroll related functions and the effective execution of the payroll process, including but not limited to payroll processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls, tax compliance, gross to net calculation, timekeeping compliance for non-exempt employees, and reporting for the Company. The successful candidate must demonstrate a high-level of confidentiality surrounding access to sensitive payroll-related information and records.
What You’ll Do:
- Process Full-Time and Part-Time payroll accurately, on time, and consistent with the Organization’s payroll calendar and in accordance with applicable Federal, State, Local laws.
- Partner with the HR department to ensure accuracy of all full-time and part-time new hires in the HRIS system (Paylocity).
- Validate all new hires have direct deposit information accurately allocated in the system
- Manage approval process and procedures to ensure all payroll hours are submitted on time for payroll.
- Work with the Finance team to prepare and post payroll journal entries, research direct deposit bounce backs and research bank entries.
- Process Company and employee tax filings: 941 filings, FUTA and SUTA, W-2 issuances, as applicable.
- Run all necessary reports as needed for each pay period; run reports monthly and quarterly for Payroll, Finance and HR that include, but are not limited to, payroll registers, GL summaries and journal entries, employee earning reports, 401k reports and any audit related needs.
- Audit all payroll processes for accuracy and validity.
- Respond to employees and internal teams when there are payroll inquiries, including and not limited to LOAs, 401k issues, garnishments, employment verifications, pay details, vacation accruals, and tax withholdings.
- Process sales commission payments
- Assist with the payroll cycle closing, able to complete closing under supervision
- Assist with the payroll system mapping (earnings/deductions/memo/accumulator, etc. codes) and audit
- Work with our US providers to ensure company is compliant with all compliance related payroll filings and payments
- Participate in process improvement and system implementation projects
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University in Business, or related field preferred, equivalent experience in managing payroll required.
- At least 5 years of experience in processing and managing payroll required with multi state responsibilities. California payroll experience is a must!
- Working knowledge of all state and federal laws regarding payroll and final pay processes
- Member of the American Payroll Association.
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbal and written, throughout all levels of the Organization.
- Must be able to work productively and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, regulations, and fringe benefit taxation.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to payroll and deductions.
- Strong experience with payroll processing systems, experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.
Why You’ll Join Us:
At Birdeye, we know that our success is tied to our customers’ success, so we are continually raising the bar for ourselves and others around us to deliver meaningful results.
We seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we need to drive results for our customers and to always deliver what we commit.
Our quality needs to be world-class and second to none, so we are exceptionally hands-on to get work done. We roll up our sleeves and DO.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.