15 years ago brands controlled customer experiences. But in 2021, it’s customer experiences that control brands. Customers now choose businesses based on shared experiences, not ads. So marketers now have to create and promote great experiences, and they need a platform that can do this at scale.
Birdeye is an all-in-one Experience Marketing platform for multi-location businesses. More than 60,000 businesses of all sizes use Birdeye every day to be found online and chosen through listings, reviews and referrals; be connected with leads and customers on the channels of their choice, and deliver the best customer experience with survey, ticketing and insights tools.
Founded in 2012, Birdeye is headquartered in Palo Alto, and led by alumni from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Yahoo. Birdeye is backed by Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The company has been the highest-rated Experience Marketing platform over the last 5 years on G2.
To learn more, please visit: https://birdeye.com
What You’ll Do:
Birdeye, a next-generation customer experience platform that reimagines how customer feedback is used to acquire and retain connected customers, is looking for a high-octane, seasoned leader with a competitive drive to build, manage and operate a best-in-class Sales Development team. As the Director of Sales Development, you will lead a team of Business Development Reps (BDRs), Sales Development Reps (SDRs) and Managers and drive the organization's outbound sales efforts. You will play an integral role in the company’s high growth and the success of the sales organization.
- Ongoing hiring, mentoring and development of the sales BDR and SDR team which includes training new members, coaching reps on strategy and technique for cold calling clients and following up on sales leads, and having consistent 1/1’s with team members
- Build sustainable and scalable prospecting process that can enable exponential revenue growth
- Work closely with BDR Managers on analyzing what works, what doesn’t, and A/B test various techniques as needed
- Work closely with Sales management to make sure appointments generated by BDR team have the quality and expected conversion rates to qualified opportunities
- Maintain Daily/Weekly/Monthly scorecards of leading (Accounts, Contacts, Activities) and trailing indicators of success (Appointments, Qualified Opportunities and ACV)
- Build and maintain a playbook for a BDR to be successful at Birdeye. Update and maintain the playbook as business, product and value proposition evolves over time
- Establish total addressable market database and processes to keep the top of the funnel database adequate for the success of BDR organization. Work with cross-functional teams build data integrations and ideal prospect profile
- Refine and evolve a scalable, measurable, and predictable process for managing and growing the team along with Sales team's growth
- Provide weekly reporting on volume statistics, lead pipeline, conversion to qualified prospects, sales opportunities generated and campaign effectiveness to our Executive Leadership team
- Master the tools/systems required for the team to be successful and monitor utilization of tools
- Route Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) to the correct Segments and Vertical sales team or channel partners
- Follow up on MQLs with the sales team to ensure they are processed timely and leads to pipeline creation
- Minimum of 8 years Sales Development experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of multi-level management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience directly managing a sales development team with outbound cold calling processes
- Proven track record of leading a successful quota-carrying team
- Possess a high energy, strong desire to achieve top results with a positive “can-do-attitude" over the phone and in-person
- Creative problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills with high-level decision makers
- Ability to navigate SFDC reporting, dashboards, and sales acceleration tools (SalesLoft, Navigator, Alyce, Chorus, etc.)
- Resourceful & ability to adapt quickly to changing environment
- Experienced in hiring and working in a rapidly growing environment
- Experience working with C-Level Executives and working with people who are very early in their career journey
Why You’ll Join Us:
At Birdeye, we know that our success is tied to our customers’ success, so we are continually raising the bar for ourselves and others around us to deliver meaningful results.
We seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we need to drive results for our customers and to always deliver what we commit.
Our quality needs to be world-class and second to none, so we are exceptionally hands-on to get work done. We roll up our sleeves and DO.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.