Technical Support Engineer at Birdeye - Apply now!Customer SuccessFull-TimeREMOTE
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 90,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will resolve complex technical issues in a fast-paced, customer critical environment, working on improving processes, standards and strategies to perfect our Support Services.
Rotational shifts but mainly AU, NZ, and UK working hours
This shall be mainly a hybrid work set-up with a possibility for a full remote work.
- Customer facing experience providing Technical support/ Customer support to AU, NZ, & UK customers
- 2+ years of experience working with SaaS based product company handling international customers over voice, chat and emails
- Fluency in English- reading, writing and speaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills, phone etiquette and work ethic
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Fundamental knowledge in writing and running MySQL DB queries
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ BCA/ MCA/ Information Systems or engineering or equivalents.
Good to have:
- Know-how of HTML, running API calls using CURL and REST client, Kibana, Postman, Jira, FTP client
- Experience with Upsell/ cross-sell will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Webhook and API Integration (eg: Zapier)
- Working knowledge of E-Commerce platforms with merchant systems such as PayPal, Stripe, CyberSource, etc.
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.
Annual Performance Bonus
Day 1 HMO coverage for you and up to 4 Dependents
Remote Work opportunity