Engineering Manager - Backend at Birdeye in IN - Apply now!EngineeringFull-timeREMOTE
Roles & Responsibilities
Integration is one of the key strengths of Birdeye. None of the Birdeye competitor has integrations but, Birdeye focused on it from the start itself. So far we have built 150+ integrations and it is increasing.
Integrations is one of the core offerings of Birdeye, it helps in many ways like easy onboarding of clients, real time data syncing and automating processes and many more. And it is not as simple as it seems to be, building a generic, scalable, reliable, failure proof, performant, robust and secure application is a real challenge. Complexity becomes multifold when you have to integrate with a vast category of industries with write back capability. It is like running a company inside a parent company which has its own challenges, objectives and milestones. Are you ready to become part of making this sub-company successful? Lets see how your day to day job will look like :
- Managing application design, application development and unit / integration testing.
- Coordinating various project related activities involving requirement discussion, project planning, execution and management in tune with the core business objectives
- Managing the team of 12+ members spread across multiple projects in geographically distributed locations.
- Overseeing smooth execution of the projects and extending post go-live & application maintenance support to the client.
- Time to time debugging & troubleshooting of application, handling performance tuning of application and code optimization.
- Reviewing the alternatives available to pick the best solution and design a solution for it
- Executing business critical projects within pre-set budgets and deadlines; monitoring project progress as per scheduled deadlines for various tasks.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders and software engineering teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Drive customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish a solid project framework and development process
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members and project peers
- Demonstrable experience building robust infrastructure with our developers and data-driven business tools
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we know that our success is tied to our customers’ success, so we are continually raising the bar for ourselves and others around us to deliver meaningful results.We seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we need to drive results for our customers and to always deliver what we commit.
Our quality needs to be world-class and second to none, so we are exceptionally hands-on to get work done. We roll up our sleeves and DO.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.
Experience - 10 Yrs
Required Skill & Experience
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in computer science with at least 9 years of professional experience
- Must have led engineering function at one of the top technology companies in India
- Promoted several times and recognized as top performer and must have led technically demanding projects
- Hired and managed large teams and built teams of 10+ from ground up
- Experience building large-scale SaaS products and/or consumer internet products based on distributed systems
- Deep understanding of relational DBs like MySQL and NoSQL DBs like Aerospike, MongoDb, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Deep understanding of local as well as distributed caching frameworks like Caffeine, Ehcache, Redis, Hazelcast
- Deep understanding of Messaging systems like Kafka, Firebase, RabbitMQ
- Good knowledge of frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate, Quartz
- Good understanding of web technologies like SOAP/REST, OAuth, SAML, Websockets
- Good experience on cloud infrastructure - AWS, GCP etc
- Excellent knowledge in debugging, troubleshooting and building scalable and fault tolerant applications
- Excellent team player, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks with extreme ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion to learn new things and take on challenging projects