Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 90,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You’ll Do
As the Senior Director of Sales Enablement, you will lead a team responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of our sales teams as we continually innovate our products and accelerate company growth. You will report to the Head of Sales and work in close collaboration with the sales VPs, Product Marketing, Revenue Operations, and other department leaders to strengthen the productivity of our sales teams and sales processes across all segments, including small business, mid-market, commercial, enterprise, and channel.
Your primary focus will be:
- Revenue Growth: Accelerate revenue generation by providing leadership, direction and execution of the Sales Enablement strategy; improve Sales productivity by continuously improving sales onboarding, ramping, training, and coaching programs; drive sales methodology and tool adoption within the Sales organization while developing metrics to measure improvements and use
- Strategy & Leadership: Lead a high performing Sales Enablement team through the creation, development, delivery and evolution of strategic enablement programs; determine Sales training needs and define the curriculum and methodology
- Sales Onboarding, Ramping & Coaching: Ensure new sales representatives are equipped and properly trained to become successful by devising on-boarding strategies to shorten the time to productivity while managing processes for new sellers and sales leaders; develop programs and resources to coach underperforming reps
- Sales Skills & Competencies. Equip the team with the skills needed to carry out our sales process effectively, approach accounts strategically, and build relationships at the right level within the customer organization.
- Functional & Technical Readiness. Ensure the team understands our products, including sales motions, customer value proposition, and competitive differentiation as well as product-related skills to progress sales such as demos and solution mapping.
- GTM: Work with Product, Product Marketing and Sales leadership to deliver GTM initiatives
- Strategic planning – Understand and anticipate business performance, requirements and gaps of the sales team and represent those requirements and business needs in corporate initiatives. Proactively identify ways the enablement team can help contribute to achieving the business goals and improve business performance.
- Prioritization and planning – Ensure that enablement activities align to the strategic priorities of the business and that there is a cohesive approach for the various sales teams
- Content creation, sourcing and delivery – Work with the sales enablement team to customize or create content as needed.
- Driving adoption, change and performance against key business metrics – Drive adoption of new knowledge, skills, and abilities through well-designed enablement programs and robust organizational change plans. Keep track of key business metrics and develop and implement plans to achieve targets.
- Program management and execution - Manage effective execution of enablement programs and ensure full value and desired outcomes are achieved.
- Measuring outcomes and effectiveness – In collaboration with Rev Ops, define and track appropriate important metrics to measure success and identify and implement needed improvements based on that data.
- 6+ years’ experience in sales and/or sales enablement and operations roles, including 3+ years in a leadership capacity
- Track record of building successful enablement programs and curriculum, preferably for a fast growth SaaS company
- Ability to develop strong credibility with Sales leadership and supporting team to become a trusted advisor and business partner to all
- Creative thinker that is familiar with enterprise business sales strategies, process and enabling tools
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of sales process metrics
- Organizational change expertise, with shown ability to build enablement / readiness frameworks to effectively embed new knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for transformational change.
- Deep and broad sales and business knowledge, including solid understanding of financial principles, business case justification, and key performance indicators.
- Experience in cross functional/departmental alignment and working in matrixed management structures. Proven track record to align and work with Sales, Services, Product, Support and other (internal) business units.
- Experience leading and developing robust teams, including direct management as well as management of virtual project teams.
- Ability to lead training sessions as needed.
- High degree of motivation and professionalism with advanced organizational and project management skills.
- Direct sales experience or customer-facing experience with customer experience technologies is a plus.
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.