Lead Java Engineer at Birdeye in Gurugram - Apply now!R&DFull-time
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 100,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 100,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is based in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build scalable, fault-tolerant applications optimized for performance.
- Leveraging current and cutting-edge technologies while testing new technologies for future use.
- Testing your code for performance and quality.
- Working in an agile environment along with cross-team dependencies.
- Building integrations to various APIs and service providers developing high-quality, testable, and performant software using agile practices.
- Exploring new technologies, design, and architecture for building innovative solutions.
- We’re looking for a seasoned Lead Java Engineer who can build applications going to be used by millions of users.
- We are looking for a candidate who shares passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity, or code health.
- Translating business requirements into system design and applying a deep understanding of OO principles in creating custom software solutions. Offering creative alternatives to business design wherever appropriate.
- Effective debugging of issues and associated fixing in a time-critical atmosphere
- B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or a related field
- TL - 4+ years of experience on Java, Spring boot, Kafka, Mysql, Aerospike or Redis, elasticsearch or mongodb, and 1+ year of experience as a team lead.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving and debugging abilities.
- Possess a sound understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, and service-oriented architecture.
- Working knowledge of Spring Boot JPA, MySQL, Hibernate, Redis.
- Strong knowledge of creating Restful as well as SOAP-based APIs and client-server