The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University in Business, or related field preferred, equivalent experience in managing payroll required.
- At least 5 years of experience in processing and managing payroll required with multi state responsibilities. Global & California payroll experience is a must!
- Working knowledge of all state and federal laws regarding payroll and final pay processes
- Member of the American Payroll Association.
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbal and written, throughout all levels of the Organization.
- Must be able to work productively and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, regulations, and fringe benefit taxation.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to payroll and deductions.
- Strong experience with payroll processing systems, experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.