While every social media platform has its own strengths, Twitter is popularly known as the hub of microbloggers. Users can simply use Twitter to post their opinions, updates or talk about their recent experiences with businesses. With a smart twitter marketing strategy, your business can leverage this extremely powerful social media platform to enhance its online reputation and achieve greater customer success.
But first, let’s look at some interesting facts about Twitter and understand why it is so important for businesses from the perspective of marketing and online reputation building.
- Twitter currently claims to have 330 million active users
- Recently, Twitter increased its classic 140-character limit to 280 characters.
- There are over 67 million Twitter users in the US
Twitter has evolved as one digital platform that brands and businesses can’t afford to overlook.
Here are four easy tips to boost your Twitter marketing strategy:
- Daily Usage & Interaction
- Make it easy for users to find you
- Be the quickest one to respond
- Make use of Twitter’s best features!
#1 Daily usage & interaction
It’s extremely important for businesses to be alive and kicking on Twitter. An inactive Twitter account is as good as dead.
“15% of Twitter users will unfollow a brand within 3 weeks if a brand hasn’t made a strong enough effort to keep them engaged early, such as by posting content relevant to them or engaging with them.”
Even if you have a good profile and many followers on Twitter, being inconsistent with your tweets could mean losing out on important micro-moments and ultimately lead to poor follower (user) retention.
It’s important that you keep shooting daily updates about services, interacting with your followers and start identifying ‘influencers’ from your industry. These are those users who have a lot of followers and can influence opinion through their tweets. This will help you strengthen your Twitter marketing strategy. So, say you own a vacation home, then you might want to connect with users who keep sharing their travel updates and have a huge following on Twitter. These are the influencers from your industry.
- Start following them and interacting with them.
- Once you establish a good rapport with them, you can request them to spread a word or two about your Vacation Home and this will help you in reaching out to his huge number of followers as well.
- This way more and more people get to know about your brand or business.
To make this process more systematic, you can choose to go for an online reputation management solution that lets you automate tweets, that is, schedule tweets on a daily, weekly or hourly basis.
#2 Make it easy for users to find you
With millions of Twitter handles orbiting the Twitter universe, it’s important that your business is discoverable on Twitter. This will also improve your discoverability on Google Search.
So try to ensure that you register with the same username or user-handle that you’re using across other social platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, etc. This will help you maintain consistency in your social media profiles.
Q. But what if your desired username is unavailable?
HACK: Add OFFICIAL after your username
Simply find a smart way to highlight your line of work
@BBCBreaking (Breaking BBC News)
@hiltonHOTELS (Stay in a Hilton Hotel)
@TeamCoachBuzz (Head Coach Buzz Williams)
Q. What if your desired username exceeds the character allowance for Twitter?
HACK: Use your initials. Make sure you use your business logo, add the proper description about your business in the “Twitter Bio” and add your website URL under the “Website” tab.
#3 Be the quickest one to respond
“Please hold on the line, while we transfer your call to our customer service executive…”
Users hate to hear this line every time they have to call up the business help desk.
That’s why users have started to turn towards platforms such as Twitter. And thanks to the latest 280 characters long tweet, now they can easily leave in a feedback, ask their queries, complain about a product or service and if you’re lucky, maybe even leave you a compliment for doing a great job!
Today, most brands and businesses have resorted to Twitter marketing and are more than willing to respond to customer tweets and tackle issues before they turn into bigger problems. And we all know that a smooth customer experience goes a long way in enhancing the online reputation for businesses.
What works the best are quicker responses to customer tweets. Twitter’s unspoken rule for minimum response time is not more than 30 mins but if you’re a small business without a dedicated resource handling Twitter, you can try to respond within 2 business days. Just make sure that you use a professional and polite tone in your Twitter responses!
#4 Make use of Twitter’s best features!
- Twitter Hashtags: Start using hashtags to either start a trend or join a trending topic that’s relevant to your business or the content you’re posting.
- Twitter Direct Message: Bogged down by negative tweets? Take them offline. Sometimes, the easiest way to pacify angry users is to respond to their tweets with a request to share their issues through a “Direct Message” This kind of damage control also conveys a positive message that you’re taking user issues seriously and have initiated corrective measures.
- Twitter Polls: Want to measure the current user sentiment about your services? Just create a Twitter poll and you’ll know what you have to do next.
Example: If you own a restaurant business and you just launched 5 new exciting dishes. You can quickly create a twitter poll to find out which of these dishes are most popular amongst your customers by putting all 5 items to a vote.
Also read: 8 Twitter Marketing Tips For Attorneys
Twitter is such a powerful tool for boosting your online reputation. You just need to know how to use it right and get the best results for your business. But if you need some help in handling your social engagement, you can leverage Birdeye’s powerful features – social listening, social engagement and social publishing to get sure results. Through these features, you can monitor your social profiles, publish to multiple social accounts from one platform. You’ll be able to connect to your accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
How can Birdeye help?
As a robust online reputation and customer experience platform, Birdeye has a lot more to offer to your business.