Facebook ads present tremendous potential to increase traffic and conversions but knowing how to build effective Facebook ads that generate results is the key. Several businesses are unable to grow traffic on social media because they don’t have adequate knowledge on how to create ads that grab attention.
To sell on social media, you must leverage social proof like reviews and ratings. Based on a recent study, Facebook ads with customer reviews and testimonials have 300% more click-through rate (CTR), 50% lower cost per click (CPC), and 50% lower cost per acquisition (CPA) than those without social proof.
6 helpful tips to get better results from Facebook ads
- Draft compelling ad copy
- Use product reviews for first-time buyers and site reviews for retargeting
- Use personal keywords wherever possible
- Concentrate on customer experience
- Avoid reviews with loud expressions and exclamations
- Test the ad before going live with a large audience
Here’s a peek at some useful tips on how you can make the most of UGC (User Generated Content), especially reviews to create effective Facebook ads and generate more traffic and sales.
1. Draft compelling ad copy
Reviews are the most important element of the Facebook ad. However, it is equally important to place the remaining ad copy in the most effective way possible. Here are some tips on how you can create impactful and effective Facebook ads with compelling ad copy:
- Keep the ad copy short and crisp. Shorter ad copy performs better.
- Avoid the use of the word “reviews”, it sounds too sales oriented.
- While drafting the ad copy, keep in mind that the copy should carry the essence of your brand’s voice and not that of the customer. The review is where the customer’s voice comes into the picture. The heart of the ad should be confined to the brand’s messaging.
2. Use product reviews for first-time buyers and site reviews for retargeting
In social media advertising, it is imperative to target the right customer, with the right ad copy at the perfect time. In the case of Facebook ads, it is a good practice to use reviews of your best-selling products if you are targeting first-time buyers and looking at increasing clicks and traffic.
Once you are able to track that someone has visited your site, retarget them using Facebook ads containing site reviews.
While product reviews are an asset for attracting first-time buyers, site reviews reflect the authenticity and credibility of the brand.
3. Use personal keywords wherever possible
To create effective Facebook ads, it’s a great idea to use reviews with personal keywords such as “I”, “my” and “we” on social media where customers want to know about the real experiences of people. The use of personal pronouns is a psychological cue that the reviews are genuine. While you should be proud of reviews like “Great shopping experience” or “Speedy delivery and great product”, they do contribute to a compelling ad copy.
4. Concentrate on customer experience
It again comes back to people wanting to know about the real experiences of customers. It’s a good idea to use a review with the customer’s feedback of the product, instead of a description of the service or delivery to draft effective Facebook ads. Reviews with personal customer experiences attract more attention.
5. Avoid reviews with loud expressions and exclamations
If the review copy is too enthusiastic, even if it is genuine, it will appear to be fake. Though super-happy reviews are good for the brand, they are not as effective when embedded into the social media ad. The subtler it is, the more genuine it will look. Try to use reviews that are confined to a single exclamation mark.
6. Test the ad before going live with a large audience
Before going all in with the budgets that you have, test the ad with a smaller audience. You can use Facebook’s split testing, also known as the A/B testing method to test an ad with two different copies and images for two sets of audiences. Try out different copies, images, and audiences and see what works best for your brand.
Your customers’ voices are your most influential marketing tool. Collect as many reviews as you can and combine them with your ads to create impressive and effective Facebook ads, and you’ll see the difference.