For one reason or another, you might want to take a step away from your Facebook business page. Maybe your company no longer exists. Maybe you don’t like doing business with Facebook. Or you just need time away from social media. Regardless of your reasons, let’s answer talk about how can delete your business page on Facebook.
How to Delete Your Facebook Business Page
Here’s how you can delete your Facebook business page.
Go to your Facebook business page. Remember, you need to do me an admin of the Facebook page in order to delete it. If you see a duplicate page showing your business, you’ll need to first claim it before you can delete it.
Click “Settings” at the top of your page.
There’s a couple of things you can see here. If you have a page with no followers, Facebook will give you the option to delete your page permanently.
However, if your page does have followers, Facebook will not give you this option. Instead, you’ll have 14 days to restore the page in case you change your mind.
Click “Save Changes”.
If you do end up having a change of heart within that 14 day period, here’s how you can restore the page.
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Click “Cancel Deletion” at the top of your page.
- Click “Confirm” and then “OK”.
Unpublishing Your Facebook Business Page
Deleting your Facebook business page isn’t always the best option. Maybe you just need some temporary time away from the page. In that case, deleting the page is probably not your best option. Instead, you can unpublish your page. When you decide to return, you’ll still have all of your fans and followers from before.
Here’s how you can unpublish your Facebook business page.
- Click “Settings” at the top of your page.
- Go to “Page Visibility” under the “General” tab.
- Click edit, then choose the option “Page Unpublished”.
- At this point, Facebook will ask you questions about why you want to unpublish your page. Answer the questions, then hit save changes.
When you’re ready to republish your page, just go back to “Page Visibility” and hit the option that says “Page Published”.
Can You Delete a Page Without a Password?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to delete a Facebook business page without a password. Only admins can delete Facebook business pages.
This can be tricky if you’re dealing with a Facebook page that was created by a former employee. Here’s what you can do.
- Click on the three dots below the Cover photo.
- Click “Find Support or Report Page”.
- Find the relevant reason why you want to have the page removed. If you are dealing with a page created by an ex-employee, the relevant reason would be “Intellectual Property”.
- Click Send.
While you can take these steps to report the page, it’s ultimately up to Facebook to actually take the page down.
How Can I Create a New Facebook Business Page?
Want to create a new Facebook page after deleting your previous one? Check out our guide on creating a new Facebook page.