If you know how to add an admin to your Facebook page, you can make social media management much easier for yourself. A well-run Facebook page can help you reach a wide target audience, connect with your customer base, and grow your business faster with Facebook groups. But creating, engaging, and managing the page takes a lot of time.
To boost engagement on Facebook, you need help, adding admin to Facebook page is an important step in that process.
Are you looking for a quick answer to how to add an admin to your Facebook page? As of September 2023, these are the updated process: Go to your FB "Page Settings," click "Page Roles," enter their name or email, and select the role (Admin). Confirm with your password. Want a detailed overview? Read the blog for a step-by-step process.
Table of contents
- How to add an admin to your Facebook page?
- How to add an admin to your Facebook page on mobile?
- How to remove an admin?
- Benefits of adding an admin to Facebook page
- What does an admin mean for your Business Facebook Page?
- Things to remember when adding an administrator of Facebook page
- FAQs about how to add an admin to a Facebook page
- Manage Facebook effortlessly with Birdeye Social
How to add an admin to your Facebook page?
Before you set about adding an admin, make sure you have the right privileges to do so. If you are the creator of the business page, you would be the current admin and can
- Add new admin
- Change existing roles to make someone an admin
- Link Instagram accounts
- Remove access to the page
If you have more than one admin on your Facebook business page, choosing a primary admin to handle tasks from the Facebook business manager is important.
Here’s how you can add an admin to your Facebook page in five easy steps:
Step 1: Login to your Facebook account
If you are joining from a desktop, then:
- Click on your profile photo in the right-hand corner and switch Profiles to the relevant business page.
- On the next screen, the business page will open, and you can see the “Manage Page” section on the left-hand.
Step 2: Click page “Settings”
Within the “Manage Page” section, click on the “Settings” icon in the upper-left corner.
Within the Settings section, click “New Pages experience” to add an admin to your Facebook page.
Click on “New Pages experience”
Within the settings section, click on “New Pages experience” to add an admin to your Facebook page.
Step 3: Assign a new page role or update existing page roles
You can provide different levels of “Access” to people based on the role you want them to play to manage your Facebook page. You can choose between:
- People with full Facebook access (they can give access to other people, remove anyone from the Page (including you), or delete the Page)
- People with task access (they access your page from external tools such as Meta Business Suite or Creator Studio to handle specific tasks)
- Community managers (they have access to only moderate the chat of the Page’s live streams.)
Step 4: Give access to add an admin
Based on your requirements, you can:
- Click on “Add new”
- Add the Facebook profile of the person you wish to add as an admin
- Choose if the new admin will have full control (to add new admins/remove old admins)
- Click on “Give Access”
Step 5: Confirm changes with your password
This final adding admin to Facebook page step requires you to enter and confirm your Facebook password before authorization of the new admin.
Note: The person you invited will receive a notification and an invitation to become an admin of the Facebook page. They need to accept the invitation to gain admin access.
Once the invitee accepts the invitation, they will become an admin of the Facebook page and have the same level of access as you, the original administrator of the Facebook page.
How to add an admin to your Facebook page on mobile?
To add an admin to your Facebook page via your mobile device, run the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device. Then, follow these 5 steps:
Step 1: Go to the menu
Find the three horizontal lines located in the top-right corner on Android and the bottom-right corner on iOS, and click on it.
Step 2: Select the relevant Facebook page
Once on the “Menu” page, look for the relevant page within the shortcuts.
Once you’ve selected your page, you will be asked to switch to the page via a popup. Click on “Switch”
Step 3: Access page roles from the professional dashboard
Within the switched profile, click on “View professional dashboard”. Scroll down to see “Page Access” and click on this.
Step 4: Provide “Page Access”
Click on the relevant section (People with full Facebook Access or People with Task Access” and add a new admin as mentioned in the previous section.
Step 5: Enter password
It’s best to use a password manager to make this process easier and less confusing, especially if you have multiple Facebook accounts.
And that’s it! You’ve succeeded in adding admin to the Facebook page on desktop and mobile!
How to remove an admin?
The above steps briefed you on how to add admin on FB page. But to completely control your Facebook page, knowing how to remove an admin is important. This person may have moved to a different role, left the organization, or may need to be removed for any other reason.
To do so, follow these steps:
- On the “Page Access” screen, you can see the profiles that have admin access to the page.
- Click on the “three dots” next to their name and select “Remove from page”
This person would no longer have any administrative control of your Facebook page.
Benefits of adding an admin to Facebook page
Adding an admin to your Facebook page lightens a business owner’s workload. But it has many other benefits, too, especially if you hire the right person to manage your page.
Here are a few key reasons why adding admin to Facebook page will benefit you:
- Facebook admins can bring consistency in posting, engaging, and monitoring page activities. Consistent content management raises your brand awareness.
- With constant monitoring, you can learn your audience’s preferences and needs and respond accordingly.
- Helps respond to customer inquiries on your business page faster and boost online reputation.
- Create a strong social media plan and automated posting schedule.
- Administrators of Facebook pages can monitor competitors and find growth opportunities.
- Admins can use Facebook’s advertising tools to promote specific posts, events, or the entire page to reach a broader audience.
What does an admin mean for your Business Facebook Page?
When you create a Facebook Page, you’re automatically its administrator, which lets you control everything. This
Facebook page gives you 5 options to choose from:
Each of these roles has significant responsibilities and authority to make changes, post content, respond to messages and comments, and oversee the overall performance of the page.
What does your Facebook admin do?
Before learning how to add an admin to your Facebook page, let’s understand what the administrator of Facebook page does.
A Facebook admin is an all-rounder with significant control of your Facebook business page and groups.
The administrator of Facebook page will have complete access to manage the page, and even assign others to be page admins. Facebook admin can access analytics via Audience Insights Facebook Messenger and run ads.
Things to remember when adding an administrator of Facebook page
Before you jump in to add a Facebook page admin, look for the following qualities:
- The trustworthiness of this person
- Experience with social media
- Strong communication and marketing skills to respond and engage with Facebook reviews
- Understanding of your business, industry, and customer base
- Strong planning skills
- Time management
- Before adding someone as an admin, communicate with them and discuss their role and responsibilities. Ensure they know their role as an admin of the FB page.
If necessary, provide admin training to new team members to ensure they understand how to manage the page and utilize its features effectively.
An unreliable person may damage your brand or even take over your account entirely, delete the business page, and remove you from your Facebook page.
FAQs about how to add an admin to a Facebook page
Tap on the “Page Access” section and tap “Add New” under the relevant access. Add the person and follow the steps until Facebook prompts for your password to proceed.
They may not have a Facebook account or have not followed your Facebook page yet. Confirm they have a registered Facebook account and follow your page before proceeding.
Facebook allows you to add multiple admins to your page without a specific limit.
No, except for the page’s other admins, no one can see the admin of the Facebook page.
To add an admin to a Facebook page:
1 – Log in to your Facebook account.
2 – Click on “Settings” then select “Page Roles.”
3 – Under “Assign a New Page Role,” enter the name or email address of the person you want to add as an admin.
4 – Choose the appropriate role from the dropdown menu (Admin).
5 – After entering your password, click “Submit” to confirm.
To help you manage your Facebook page effectively and achieve your social media goals:
– Define your goals and target audience
– Create relatable content
– Respond to comments and messages
– Use Facebook Insights to understand audience behavior
– Monitor your competitors
– Stay updated with Facebook’s algorithm changes
Yes, you can add an admin to your page even if you are not friends on Facebook. You only need to know their name or email address.
Admins have complete control over the page, including the ability to add or remove other admins. Editors can create, edit, and delete posts but cannot manage page roles.
Manage Facebook effortlessly with Birdeye Social
Our guide on how to add an admin to your Facebook page aims to simplify a process that may seem complex.
And if you’re trying to run your business while managing and growing your social media footprint, it’s smart to hire admins. But it’s even smarter to use the best-in-class tools to handle all your activities on popular social media platforms to boost your brand’s online presence and reputation.
Grow your social media presence with the leading social media management tool – Birdeye Social.